"How blessed is he who considers the helpless..." Psalm 41:1

Sunday, January 17, 2010

"The people of Haiti will not be forsaken"

REALLY??? And to think I voted for you.

When did the tarmac turn into a traffic jam? I was at the Port-au-Prince airport from sunrise until almost sunset on Thursday. I left more than 48 hours after the quake and when I did I saw nothing of the sort at the airport. Very few planes and most of what came out the airport doors were reporters.

Why did China make it to Haiti before the US? Why if I was Canadian could I have been evacuated with little wait. WHY?

I know I sound cynical. And maybe I am, but I am also grateful that aid has picked up. I'm grateful for the people all around the world who are giving with open hands and open hearts. Please don't stop. There is so much to do. LET US ALL BRING RESTORATION TO HAITI. And let this tragedy become a new beginning for the nation, building a better infrastructure and sustainability.

Watch CBS News Videos Online

No comments: