"How blessed is he who considers the helpless..." Psalm 41:1

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

in the BOX

A couple weeks ago i was feeling really down about things and situations. I was feeling just plain misunderstood. I don't mean that it's always a bad thing. For the most part i don't care if people get me! =) People just tend to assume what it is i am thinking or what my motivation is for some of the things that i do.


When i talk about feelings, future plans, or desires... here in the states i am often bombarded with "how?" "what?" "but..." etc. Maybe it's human nature to try and fit someone else's thoughts into our own little box. But what gets to me is why some people have such a small box. LOL.


Now this is another perfect example of needing grace. I give parents the most grace bc i know they are being "parental" and worry about my well-being. And i know that generally most people i know do just care. But what would be nice is that support... that positive "Go do what your heart desires and what God calls you to do." "i am HAPPY for you." and "I support you." It's really just a positive spirit. I hope that i convey that to other people too.


A friend told me tonight that i was one of the most intelligent people he knew. Boy do i have him fooled. LOL. But really, i think it's a combination of learning from others, getting out of your bubble, reevaluating yourself, being HONEST, and most importantly, prayer. You know the more you learn, the more you realize you do not know.


As i sit here and think about all of the amazing things i have seen, heard, accomplished, lived, and learned, i feel like i could write a book. I could write a travelogue, or a tortured soul romantic novel, or a cookbook ;), or a "letter to my daughters" sequel to Maya Angelou's. More to come....

No comments: